March 19, 2021
In the world of IoT, everything starts at the edge, with the devices and the data they generate: that’s The First Mile of IoT™. Start your IoT journey from The First Mile with Bravo, the complete, ready-to-use Telit evaluation kit.
The next generation of Telit IoT evaluation kits, Bravo is compatible with the most common open-hardware platforms. The kit features Telit ME910C1-WW, one of Telit’s flagship modules with broad frequency band coverage and LTE-M and NB-IoT support with 2G fallback. Bravo includes three Bosch Sensortec high-performance motion and environmental smart sensor chips to make Bravo a complete IoT development platform.
Bravo can be used either alone or coupled with an external CPU. In a standalone mode, Bravo can use Telit’s powerful AppZone API and running application software directly on the module integrated application processor, which allows the development and execution of applications on the module CPU itself. This kit can also connect to Arduino or Raspberry Pi, the two most popular and easy-to-use open-hardware platforms. It is ideal for experimenters and seasoned designers who require a complete and affordable platform, making IoT development fast and easy to deploy.
- Ideal for rapid IoT application design; most hardware building blocks are readily available
- Arduino stackable (UNO, Zero, Leonardo, Yun, etc.)
- Raspberry Pi stackable (all models of Zero, 1, 2, 3 and 4)
- Mounts ME910C1-WW module, one of Telit’s flagship modules, featuring LTE Cat M1/NB1 and GSM/GPRS connectivity
- High-performance Bosch Sensortec motion and environmental sensors, providing accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, temperature, pressure, humidity and volatile organic compounds (VOC) information
- Smooth software integration with dedicated libraries; can control external sensors easily with few lines of code
- Access to USB and UART module communication ports (UART ports either directly to or through USB to serial converter)
- Ready for OneEdge onboarding. OneEdge is Telit’s awardwinning, module-integrated software and services suite that accelerates development and simplifies management of IoT solutions
- Powered either from a computer USB port, external power supply or Li-ion battery (3.7 V, minimum capacity 700 mAh)
- High-efficiency battery charger circuit*
- Built-in wideband cellular antenna
- SMA receptacle for external GNSS antenna with LNA supply
- High-performance, low-power and low-noise Bosch BH160B, BMM150 and BME680 motion and environmental sensors:
- BHI160B 6-axis motion sensor (accelerometer, gravity, gyroscope, tilt detector, etc.) with integrated hub
- BMM150 3-axis digital geomagnetic sensor with magnetic range of ±1300 µT (x, y-axis) and ±2500 µT (z-axis)
- BME680 temperature (-40–85°C), gas, pressure (300–1100 hPa) and humidity (0–100%) sensor
- Connectors exposing module pins for easy debugging and peripheral integration:
- UART (directly or through USB to serial converter)
- GPIO pins
- Digital Voice Interface (DVI)
- Module UART access through FTDI adapter
- Three LEDs and two pushbuttons
- Dimensions: 85×135 mm
*Battery pack not included
Nordic Semiconductor recently announced it has launched ‘nRF Connect for VS Code’. The nRF Connect extension pack allows developers to use the popular Visual Studio Code Integrated Development Environment (VS Code IDE) to develop, build, test, and deploy embedded...
Nordic enhances commercial support for nRF9160 SiP cellular IoT customers with launch of Cloud location services
Nordic Semiconductor recently announced the launch of its ‘nRF Cloud Location Services’. The Cloud-based product enables customers to access detailed, fast and accurate commercial location services for their nRF9160 System-in-Package (SiP)-powered cellular IoT...
The nPM1100 is a dedicated power management IC (PMIC) with dual-mode configurable buck regulator and integrated battery charger. It is designed as a complementary component to Nordic’s nRF52® Series and nRF53® Series System-on-Chips (SoCs) to ensure reliable power...
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Join Our Newsletter
Join our monthly newsletter for the latest updates in the electronics industry