March 30, 2020
The MGC3030, MGC3130 and MGC3140 are the world’s first electrical near–field (E-field) 3D gesture controllers. Based on Microchip’s patented GestIC® technology, they enable user gesture detection and motion tracking. Interaction with devices is as simple and intuitive as a wave of the hand. The MGC controller family enables single-chip gesture solutions, with no host processing needed for embedded applications.
GestIC Technology Benefits:
- True single-chip gesture solution for embedded usage
- From 0 (touch) to 20 cm detection range
- Very low–power design
- No detection blind spots
- No ambient influences (light/sound)
- Usage of thin, low-cost sensing electrodes, e.g. standard PCB
- Requires no openings in the housing
- Highest gesture detection reliability
- Active noise handling
- 44-100 kHz carrier frequency no RF interference
- Notebooks/PC peripherals (e.g. the 3DTouchPad from Microchip)
- Audio products
- White goods/appliances/air conditioning control
- Home automation
- Light switches
- Industrial/medical switches
- Electronic readers
- Game controllers
- MGC3030/3130 GestIC® Technology Quick Start Guide
- MGC3140 3D Tracking and Gesture Controller Product Brief
- MGC3130 Single-Zone 3D Tracking and Gesture Controller Product Brief
- MGC3030 3D Gesture Controller Product Brief
Interested? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information extracted from microchip.com (link)
Overview Nordic Semiconductor today announces that it has opened a new sales, marketing, and customer support office for Southeast Asia, allowing the company to provide faster customer support to the region’s rapidly expanding high-tech wireless electronics design and...
Overview The XM122 IoT Module from Acconeer is a low power connected radar module with optimized circular form factor with a diameter of 33mm. This IoT module integrates the A111 Pulsed Coherent Radar and the Nordic nRF52840 System on Chip that supports a 32-bit 64...
Overview In an increasingly mobile-first world, the need to integrate mobile connectivity into products and services is rapidly growing. iCLASS SE® Reader Modules allow integrators to design third-party solutions that support mobility via near field communication...
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Join Our Newsletter
Join our monthly newsletter for the latest updates in the electronics industry