March 30, 2020
The OMNIKEY® 5127CK Chip Card Interface Device (CCID) enables integrators to design finished readers without the need to install or maintain drivers, eliminating complex software lifecycle management issues in the field and accelerating the time to market of finished devices. These finished devices are commonly used in printers, copiers, vending machines and access control systems.
With the keyboard wedge functionality, end users of OMNIKEY® 5127CK readers can retrieve data from a card that is presented to the reader and directly input the card data into an application using keystroke emulation. This eliminates the need for customers to manually enter the card data into an application.
Supporting low and high frequency credentials plus HID Mobile Access Solutions via Bluetooth Smart and NFC within a single product, the OMNIKEY 5127CK-Mini enables seamless migration in mixed technology environments.
OMNIKEY® 5127CK Features:
- Multi-Interface Support – CCID, Keyboard Wedge and UART interfaces offer flexible
integration options for a wide range of applications.
- Dual frequency and mobile access – Simultaneously supports low and
high frequency credentials, including iCLASS Seos®, HID Prox®, iCLASS SE®, MIFARE
Classic® and MIFARE® DESFire® EV1 and EV2; as well as NFC and Bluetooth for mobile
- Compact design – Very small footprint provides capability for installation in spaceconstrained designs.
- Industrial Housed Option – Rugged case providing protection in the embedded
- CCID Support
- Native CCID implementation supporting Windows®, LINUX® and Mac® operating systems
- Keyboard Wedge
- Fully configurable and programmable keyboard wedge functionality featuring an integrated management console
- Flexible configuration of data structures and output modes
- Fully featured serial protocol allowing low level integration into host applications
- Autonomous credential processing with card data sent directly over the serial interface
- Broad Credential Support
- NFC and Bluetooth support for Mobile devices
- Dual frequency functionality allowing support for both low and high frequency credentials simultaneously
- HID Prox®, Indala® & EM Prox, MIFARE Classic®, MIFARE® DESFire® EV1/EV2, iCLASS®, iCLASS SE®, iCLASS Seos®, HID Elite®, and other SIO enabled credentials
- Enhanced Lifecycle Management
- Easy firmware updates and configuration setting utilizing a Web interface, SNMP messages and configuration cards
- Developer Tool Kit (DTK) available that contains product samples, development documentation, sample code and access to HID’s developer portal
Nordic Semiconductor recently announced it has launched ‘nRF Connect for VS Code’. The nRF Connect extension pack allows developers to use the popular Visual Studio Code Integrated Development Environment (VS Code IDE) to develop, build, test, and deploy embedded...
Nordic enhances commercial support for nRF9160 SiP cellular IoT customers with launch of Cloud location services
Nordic Semiconductor recently announced the launch of its ‘nRF Cloud Location Services’. The Cloud-based product enables customers to access detailed, fast and accurate commercial location services for their nRF9160 System-in-Package (SiP)-powered cellular IoT...
The nPM1100 is a dedicated power management IC (PMIC) with dual-mode configurable buck regulator and integrated battery charger. It is designed as a complementary component to Nordic’s nRF52® Series and nRF53® Series System-on-Chips (SoCs) to ensure reliable power...
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Join Our Newsletter
Join our monthly newsletter for the latest updates in the electronics industry